|Chancellor||Prime Minister of Nepal|
|Location||Biratnagar, Morang, Nepal|
About Purbanchal University
The establishment of Purbanchal University in 1993 was visualized as an extraordinary endeavour by the Government of Nepal to create an academic centre of excellence in the Eastern Development Region of Nepal. Its prime role was outlined to act as a catalytic agent for the promotion of socio-economic transformation in Nepal through quality education appropriate for quality life and sustainable future. Since its establishment, the university is motivated by its fundamental objective of preserving, refining, inventing, adopting, extending and transmitting knowledge in an environment that fosters free enquiry and open scholarly debate, leading to all-encompassing development of the rural people and their economies and environment.
- Run professional and Technical Institutions of Career-oriented higher Education facilitating study, research and teaching programs related to various disciplines and promote all around development of its student, teachers and scholars abilities and personalities.
- Contribute to the creation of a comparative high competitive environment in higher education by extending and disseminating knowledge by fostering its efficient and effective application.
- Mobilize and utilize resources-local, national or International- with a view of introducing improvement in the quality and effectiveness of its academic programs catering for the changing socio-economic needs of the country.
- Develop as model institution of higher learning by correcting academic weaknesses of both public and private Institutions.
Purbanchal University has been offering different academic programs under the:
- Faculty of Management
- The Faculty of Medical And Allied Sciences (FOMAS)
- The Faculty of Science & Technology
- Faculty of Education
- The Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- The Faculty of Law