|Chancellor||Prime minister of Nepal|
|Vice-chancellor||Prof. Dr. Suresh Raj Sharma|
|Registrar||Prof. Bhadra Man Tuladhar|
|Location||Dhulikhel Municipality about 30 kilometers east of Kathmandu|
Tel. 977-011-663736, 977-011-663188
Fax: 977-011- 661443
About Kathmandu University:
Kathmandu University is an autonomous, not-for-profit, non – government institution dedicated to maintain high standards of academic excellence. It is committed to develop leaders in professional areas through quality education.
Purpose and Objectives
Kathmandu University is being developed with the aim to:
- Promote all-round development of the student’s abilities and personality.
- Develop an awareness of the role of science and its application in the understanding of problems of the contemporary society.
- Extend and disseminate knowledge and to foster its application.
- Establish a community of scholars, students, and staff in which understanding and wisdom can grow and flourish.
The objective of Kathmandu University is to provide undergraduate and post-graduate programs in the fields of engineering, science, management, arts, education and medical sciences in the near future. It provides undergraduate courses in engineering (computer, electrical & electronics, and mechanical), science (pharmacy and biology & applied biology), management (Master in Business Administration), undergraduate studies in music and short duration courses provided by the School of Arts and the School of Education.
Kathmandu University provides quality education in different streams of arts, sciences and management through the following six schools.
- School of Arts
- School of Education
- School of Engineering
- School of Management
- School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS, formerly known as KUMS)
- School of Science
Affiliated Colleges of Kathmandu University
- College of Medical Sciences
- Kathmandu College of Management
- Kathmandu Medical College
- Kathmandu University School of Management (KUSOM)
- Little Angels College of Management
- Lord Buddha Educational Academy (Nepalgunj Medical College)
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences
- National College Centre for Development Studies
- Nepal College of Management
- St. Xavier’s College
- Training Institute for Technical Instruction